Thursday 4 October 2018

Day 8 - Snow cannons to the right, snow cannons to the left.

Following last night's drama where a bar tender wanted me to pay for a drink that I hadn't ordered  as he couldn't 'put it back' I would have to pay again. (He then said I would have to pay for it as I had drunk some of it, I pointed out that I hadn't, merely the head had settled.)
We woke up to thick mist which lightened through breakfast.  Due to fueling up/gps failures/removing layers of clothing, our first half hour on the road saw is travel MINUS half a mile!
By then the sun was out and we had an almost perfect day riding through verdant valley roads, forested mountain and gorge roads, taking in Altenmarkt and Schladming.  We even stopped for our first mid-day drinks and ice cream stop (Bad Kleinkirkheim).
The day was only slightly let down by the cement wagon and tractor in the last 20 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment